Coronavirus: Carers FAQ
Carers aged 16 to 65 are in priority group 6. Carers aged 65 plus will be prioritised on the basis of their age (priority groups 2 to 5) and will be contacted by the NHS regarding vaccinations. Carers age 16 to 64 should follow the instructions below to receive their vaccine.
Anyone who is an unpaid carer and aged 16 to 64 can use the registration service.
What is an unpaid carer?
You are eligible to register for vaccination at this stage if all of the following apply:
- you are aged 16 to 64 years old
- you provide face-to-face care and support to one or more family members, friends or neighbours
- the care you provide is not part of a contract or voluntary work
- if caring for someone under 18, they are affected by a disability, physical or mental ill-health, developmental condition or substance misuse
- you have not already received your first coronavirus vaccination